Under the CDKN programme, ‘serious fun games’ have been developed for stakeholder engagement and collective learning processes. These are intended to facilitate practitioners and local governments to deepen their understanding of the need for, barriers to, and strategies for achieving more socially-inclusive climate resilience. In addition, an innovative Gender Training Toolkit has been developed that can support local authorities to integrate gender and social inclusion in urban development and climate resilience projects. This session will present this innovative toolkit for participants to get practical understanding of the process of integrating gender and social inclusion concerns in climate resilience planning.
The session will highlight innovative means and solutions for social inclusion in climate resilience as well as present a practical methodology of incorporating social inclusion in local resilience planning processes. Through group activities and hands on trials, the session is expected to have the following outcomes:
- Provide innovative practical solutions for improving understanding of social inclusion.
- Equip local governments with practical tools to incorporate social inclusion in climate resilience planning.
- Present good practice case stories from different regions regarding gender and social inclusion.
- Bedoshruti Sadhukhan, ICLEI South Asia India
- Mairi Dupar, ODI, United Kingdom
- Patricia Velasco, Consultant, CDKN
- Kalyani Raj, All india Women’s Conference, India
- Nurun Nahar, Planning Commission, Bangladesh
14:45-14:55 CEST | Introduction to the session
14:55-15:00 CEST | Online poll for participants
15:00-15:30 CEST | Moderated panel discussion
15:30-15:45 CEST | Presentation on CDKN Gender and Climate Resilience Toolkit
15:45-16:25 CEST | Breakout groups – game play
16:25-16:45 CEST | Post-breakout open discussion for participants